I've just completed my round one work on XboxFriends.com moving to ASP.NET and bridging the gap between the WinForms world and the WebForms world. I've still got a lot of TODO: items, but at least what's up there now looks more like a semi-professional site than the two hurried together pretty much static pages that were there.
I'm really glad that ASP.NET 2.0 will feature a form of visual inheritance... not having that in the current version is really disappointing! Now I can get back to my WinForms comfy chair (where there is visual inheritance). ;-)
For those interested, take a peak at some of the exposed features available in the next version of XboxFriends. Here's a quick rundown of some of the features:
- Site broken up into logical sections.
- Taking advantage of web components for the header, footer, navigation (shared pieces) - allowing me to have a consistent UI.
- Integrated the BannerGen Xbox/MSN blog banner ASP.NET application within XboxFriends.com.
- View list of games with number of owners, currently playing and recently played (last 30 days).
- View list of gamertags (will probably be removed at some point in favor of a more robust search mechanism).
- Online profile that can be shared with your friends not running XboxFriends.
- View game play history in the profile.
If you do take a peek, be sure to let me know what you think.
Special thanks to Stephen Swienton form answering answering a couple of ASP.NET questions.