Welcome to AddressOf.com Sign in | Join | Help

Browse by Tags

All Tags » Web Services   (RSS)

Date value and timezones via Web Services

I'm using a web service to pull some dates from a web server... which pulls the information from a separate SQL server. The values I was getting were off by one hour, which makes perfect sense since the server is located in Eastern timezone and I'm in
Posted by CorySmith | 1 Comments
Filed under:

Web Service Woes (OK, maybe it was just a little mud.)

After making the changes to the web service calls in my application so that HTTP Keep-Alive was disabled, I had one instance (10 hours later) where it crashed. At that particular moment, I didn't have time to look into it. I fired it up again to see if
Posted by CorySmith | 3 Comments
Filed under:

Web Service Woes (It's not land, it's quicksand!!!!!!)

Well, my application ran up until noon today (stopped by the house during lunch to pick something up so I looked in on it). It ran for approximately 10 hours before croaking. Didn't have time to look too closely, but it was one of those errors that I
Posted by CorySmith | 2 Comments
Filed under:

Web Service Woes (Ah... dry land... dry land at last!)

The bandaid of a fix I did last night appears to have solved the problem. My target application has run all night (as one would expect). This is great! However, now I have a couple of other questions. First, what could possibly be causing one machine
Posted by CorySmith | 1 Comments
Filed under:

Web Service Woes (A light at the end of the tunnel?)

Well, I just couldn't let this go... so even more searching on google and yet more trying this or that to see if I could get past this issue. I figured I'd try to use async calls using the two methods in the help as examples. Neither one of those made
Posted by CorySmith | 8 Comments
Filed under:

Web Service Woes (How to drive a developer MAD!)

OK, quick rundown of the problem as it stands today. I have a simple webservice call that is succeeding with no problems on most machines. On a few machines, at some point they just seem to fail and never recover. After running the application in debug
Posted by CorySmith | 7 Comments
Filed under:

Web Service Woes (Part 2)

Several people have left some comments/suggestions to my previous plea for help. To answer some of the responses so far... Have you tried to use Fiddler to look at the SOAP messages? No, I have not tried that. It's an interesting idea but it still doesn't
Posted by CorySmith | 1 Comments
Filed under:

Web Service Woes (Plea For Help!!!!)

OK, I'm getting to the end of the rope on this one. I've tried everything that I can think of and have searched google a hundred times over... all to no avail. I have two applications, one is a windows form application and the other a web service application.
Posted by CorySmith | 5 Comments
Filed under:

ASP.NET Web Service Tip of the Day

OK, you just built your webservice in ASP.NET and have it working as expected on your local development web server. Your ready to put it out into the wild and you follow the instructions about changing the webservice namespace from tempuri.org to whatever
Posted by CorySmith | 1 Comments
Filed under: ,